No music, no life
Tuesday, July 28, 2015Hello, I'm currently feeling a little bit down as my music files are lost gone. I really lost a huge part of my life and it's gonna take a long time before I recover them, if I ever get to do so.
I couldn't believe it at first, but now I'm slowly trying to calm down. I've been feeling blank ever since.
So here's the story:
I have a 4th generation iPod touch, which used to have 2200+ songs before the incident.
I was listening to this one song and noticed it had a small lyrics mistake. I plugged my iTouch onto my computer, with the music still playing, and fixed the lyrics. Then out of nowhere, my iPod kept forwarding/skipping the songs nonstop. It ignored my taps and on/off's, so I shut it down. After turning it on again, I noticed my playlist was empty with "no contents" as a message. I thought it was a random error, so I turned it off/on again. Yet again, the playlist was empty.
I went over to the iTunes installed on my computer and all of my songs were displayed. However, my iPod's drive usage was almost empty. I had around 90% free space and that was quite weird. I clicked on a random song to play, but the title became grey and a [!] was right next to it, which means the song can't be played because of some missing data.
So after looking up on the internet, I found nothing such as my situation, just similar (no solution either). I had no way to back up my music as I switched computers many times for so long. I asked my brother for some help, but there was nothing we could do.
In the end, he told me there was no way to retrieve my songs so I should just reset and update my iOS as it had been outdated for quite some time. I had to accept it, because there was no other thing to do. So now my iPod is sort of "brand new". It now has the latest iOS for the pod's generation, and an almost-empty data usage, heh.
It seems that this one-week vacation that I have now will be spent re-searching and re-downloading all the songs that I lost. That is if I get to remember most of the songs that I had. ._.;
pd. This is so unbelievable and so sad that it makes me laugh hysterically.. HAHAHA.. OTL
0 comments