Bad news + Small morning rant

Thursday, June 30, 2016

It's not that bad. I just lost a course in university. The subject was Typography II. Throughout the whole semester, the class had to do three projects. One was individual work, while the rest were done by groups of two.


I did pretty well on the individual project, and seeing how well I did in the very first project I expected to do the same with the other two. I don't really mind my group-mate. She works and does stuff we propose. But whenever I work with her, I cannot design the way I want to. It's not that bad, it happens. We're supposed to design and work together.. decide on stuff even if one doesn't truthfully like the idea.

We failed at the second project, and even so we had to continue and focus onto the third and last project. The latter was due to last week. We barely passed. But we were pleased. Now we only had to re-work on the second project, the only one we had failed.

Yesterday was the retake. Unfortunately, the teacher didn't like it and therefore we failed the entire course. I was utterly shocked, never in my life had I failed a course. I didn't cry, I didn't sob.. nothing. My mind was blank and that was it.

However, by the end of the day I bursted into tears. I felt guilty, not because it was my fault for us failing, but because I told my brother about it. He works to pay my tuition yet I failed a course. I even left another course mid-way because it was physical and mentally destroying me (the one I was ranting about in my previous post). I wasted his efforts. But he was surprisingly nice, and patted my back while I was laying upside down. He softly told me it's okay, it happens.

Such simple words, such short sentence.. and it makes one feel better. I stopped crying, and now I hope for better things to happen. That was the end of Wednesday the 29th.

Today's Thursday the 30th. It's the last day of June 2016, and tomorrow I'm updating my tumblr with some drawings I challenged myself to do. But that's not important right now. It's time to mini-rant!
As I stated in my previous post, on Thursdays I work with two other members, the same people I work with on Mondays and previously Tuesdays. Today we were supposed to bring the new and revised work. One of them sent the document file to the printer service, and since I arrived late, I assumed one of them had picked them up already. Well no, no one did, none of them came to uni. Are you kidding me? I was already in class, awkward because I got in late, and now you're telling me to go out, pick up the prints (and pay for them all) and go back in again?
I messaged one of them (guess who ==) and she says she had agreed with the other member that I would be the one to pick up and hand in the work. Um.. what about me? Did you ask me? Did you even tell me about it? That's irresponsible, you know. At least let me know none of you will be coming to uni, or to go pick up the papers. I was UNTOLD about this. I'm fed up with this group. I'm fed up that you decide between yourselves and tell me stuff at the last minute.

Once this semester ends, it's over. I don't want to do any other group projects with you.

Also, please.. PLEASE write my name properly. I'm tired of your "mistakes".

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Monthly Popular Posts

Twitter activity

Subscribe