God is awesome!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

So today I had my third final exam. I'm halfway through till I finish this semester!

This one was probably the most stressing one out of the five subjects I have this first half. Well, after all, this particular subject I'm talking about is no other than history. No matter how many times I've said this, I still dislike history! And what could be any worse than a history final? Answer: an oral exam.

I totally suck at oral tests, so much that I even forget my own name. But hey, instead of studying beforehand just to make sure I do fine in this test, I spent my free days doing... other things. I would've typed "nothing", but I sure did more than nothing. Most of them were re-doing my presentations/projects for the other subjects, as last week was the first week of finals.

However, I must admit that I had the weekend to study for history. But did I? Of course not! Yeah, shame on me. So as time went flying, it was already Sunday... or rather say, the end of Sunday. It was already 1AM, just 7 hours before it was time to take the test, and my books yet to be open.
So I sat down on my knees, closed my eyes, and began whispering:
 Lord, forgive me as I'm talking to you this late. Forgive me for always looking out for you at the last minute. I need you. Please give me the strength to be awake and pull a nighter, and please lend me your wisdom. I'm afraid of this test, but I lay my faith on you. I'm sure you'll help me. I beg of you.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
And thus, I set my mind to finally start studying. I threw away my main source of distraction - my phone, and began reading my poor yet clear written notes. It was either my imagination or me reading at the speed of light, but time was no longer running, it was slow. -cough- I didn't manage to read all of my notes though. -cough-

My back began to ache, so I lay on bed and continued reading. There was so much information for so little time that I didn't even study. I just read the notes without going back. My eyes were sore too. And without realising, I fell asleep. Thank God I woke up right after about twenty minutes. I read a couple of pages more and then RING, 6:30AM alarm.

I got up and got myself ready as fast as I could. I packed my bag and left home. On my way to the subway station I kept repeating to myself I'm gonna be alright. God's with me. I continued reading with the remaining time I had till I reached my stop. I sighed heavily before passing through my university doors, you could see the condensation coming out of my mouth (it's winter here). And with a tired body, I walked through the corridors.

I was still worried to death. I hadn't finished reading my notes and I hadn't even studied, just read. But right before entering my classroom, my phone vibrated. It was the 'daily verse' app I downloaded the other day. And as I read the verse, my eyes widened.
John 11:40 - Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?".

The end. All the worries were gone. I might have felt some insecurities as my classmates seemed to have studied more than enough, but I was satisfied with my ways.

I'll skip this part now. To put it shortly, my oral was a mess. You're given three images in which one must be chosen and explained. Forgot to mention this is History of Design class, so expect 500+ images. I was given three images I was uncertain of. Two of them were confusing as I couldn't tell which vanguard they belonged to, and the other one I was unsure of its origin/country, but I chose this. You're also given a piece of paper where you write down the list of what you want to say.
I tried to say what I had written, but my teacher stopped me with in-depth questions. I couldn't answer them all. And there were some silent seconds. I suck so much at orals that I also stutter.

My test finished and I waited for the rest of my classmates to take theirs too. The results were better than expected. I did pass! The teacher gave me feedback, saying that I needed a wider range of vocabulary but that that might've been because I'm a non-native speaker - which is both true and false. I'm fairly good at it but I mispronounced some words because I was hella nervous! But yay, thank you asian traits (?). Wow, I thought this post was going to be quite short but I kept extending it hahah, sorry.

So! TLDR;
I PASSED MY HORRENDOUS HISTORY FINAL ORAL EXAM (four-month worth classes) WITH ONLY SIX HOURS OF STUDY!

God lent me his wisdom, and gave me the courage to not give up. Jesus opened my eyes and calmed me down. I'm forever thankful. ;w;

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Monthly Popular Posts

Twitter activity

Subscribe