October's first week 2016 + "love"?
Monday, October 10, 2016Time flies, it's finally October.
Although it's only been week, I already celebrated 6 birthdays and there are many more to come! My week had ups and downs. I had to be away from the internet for a few days for personal reasons. I was having a battle with myself.. Honestly speaking, it had been going on for the past weeks: Falling in love. I'll deeply talk about it after the page break.
Anyway, on Monday I was supposed to wake up at 4AM to message my friend for his birthday. We know each other through the internet so for him it was midnight.. but I overslept one hour. OTL. I had a doodle drawn on paper that I would like to send irl but I've never sent any postal mail so I'm kind of afraid that it won't be delivered.. so yeah.. I just had to send him a photo of it. :c
On the afternoon I had to clean the afterparty mess from yesterday. When I was about to finish vacuuming my brother came back from work, along with his girlfriend. He came back much earlier than usual. He was sick.
On Tuesday I picked an old anime (10 years old) I remember once watching over my local television channel. Although the art style didn't call my attention, the story did. As I was still a kid I didn't understand the plot, and because I had brothers who wanted to watch tv too, I missed most episodes.. plus, I wasn't that much into anime back then. (I now have a myanimelist account if anyone is wondering). It has sad romance and given my current situation, I decided to watch it. That was the mere reason.
On Wednesday I went to work and later had to buy some clothes for my little nephew for his first birthday! Oh, I forgot to mention in my previous posts that I no longer attend Wednesday's classes. Only a few people know this, and I believe no one who reads this blog gives a ---- about it anyway. But long story short, I was too depressed and unmotivated that it really did me good to leave that class, I feel much better now, if you're wondering. Back to topic, I went to work then bought clothes with a friend. She kept commenting about the tiny yet cute clothes and made me wonder how it would be like to have a child of my own.
On Thursday I did go to uni, and later at night went to my nephew's birthday party. Unfortunately my brother was still sick, so I had to go alone. He didn't even go to work that day. It was pretty awkward as most people invited were friends of my uncle/aunt and cousin. No one around my age and there even wasn't a "family table". My cousin was busy greeting his guests just like my uncle, and my aunt would come check for me every once in a while just for a bit. She's the only blood-related family member aside from my grandfather, who was sitting far away, so I had no one to talk to. The restaurant was kind of crowded, my aunt made me sit with strangers+elders. Some people were drinking alcohol, maybe way too much. I hate this about being Korean: you can't really say No to elders. So if someone much older than you "offered" you to drink with them, you can't refuse. I am aware I'm physically and mentally weak, but when I know that something is wrong, I won't let that slip by. So yeah, I know that I don't like alcoholic beverages, so I knew I had to refuse them even if it's "rude" as a Korean. I later went home and started working on my homework that was due to the following day.
It was already Friday, I had only slept 1.5 hours. I had to print this A2 paper on both sides. I was kind of nervous about my result. I had been demotivated for weeks remember?, my prototypes were not good enough and my works were on the low-side of the class too. But I was surprised when I got my results. I was among the good grades, about equal to the people who were doing good with their prototypes so far. In simpler words, I improved my piece enough to be with the already-doing-good guys! One mission/task done. Then I had to prepare for my brother's birthday, but I was sooo tired that I had to take a nap. My brother had gone to work yet he was still sickish. I couldn't make any desserts because he wasn't allowed to consume any heavy food, and I couldn't buy anything nice as I was broke (and still am). I had lost money the previous week and I spent some more on my homework.. even now I'm still thinking of what to give him. Help.
His girlfriend came over and we later had dinner in a local restaurant near home, then we went to a cafeteria. Us girls had some ice cream while my brother had a cup of tea. Before dinner I called my father to congratulate him for his birthday too. My oldie is getting old now.. I miss him. ;-; He asked me if I was visiting him and the main house this year too but for the first time I told him I was not really sure.
On Saturday I once again cleaned the house. I kind of overdid it. Because of that I was very tired and in the end I couldn't attend to church.
On Sunday, today, I went to church as usual. The weather was really nice! On the afternoon I went to a cafeteria with my junior and there we met my seniors out of mere coincidence. We sat together and talked about universities and straight-up works since my junior had doubts about what to do after she graduates from high school. My seniors and I finally convinced her to be a college student because she still has a long way before she starts working. That made me recall the time I had similar conversations with the same seniors. Also, haha, my junior kind of drives. She's still a newbie, I can surely tell that although I don't drive myself. But it's just plain visible she needs training. No more than 5 minutes after the car moved someone already honked us. Thank God no accident happened. I had a little accident with her car though. I won't go into details because the post is getting long, but in short, I hit my right hand's palm with the door which suddenly went "flying" when I opened it. To prevent it from opening fully (like 90 degrees angle) I wanted to stop it with my hand but it was too fast so it hard-hit me. All this process was in a matter of seconds. I'm surprised I reacted that quickly.
So yeah, I have an bruised hand. Hopefully it will recover by tomorrow, but it sure hurts.
That was a summary or at least the most important events of this week. I was going to talk about what had been on my mind for weeks now, as mentioned at the beginning. But I guess I'll do it in another post, in another time. I need to sort out my words first and let my hand rest as well. Good night for now.
0 comments