TRImarchi 2015, day 2

Friday, October 02, 2015

September 26th (saturday)

My friends and I had breakfast in the hotel and later headed to the beach. It was kind of chilly but I managed to dip my feet into the water, while my friends didn't as I was the only one who wore flip-flops.  After a long talk we headed back to hotel to get ready before the bus came to pick us up at 1PM. I think I broke my record of fastest shower I ever took, hahah.

It was already time, so I was kind of panicking. I rushed downstairs till I reached the bus. My friends were walking even though they knew they first had to return the key to the receptionist and that we were short in time! I even told my teachers that my friends were yet to hop onto the bus and to wait for them. But nope. No one listened to me. So the bus went ahead leaving my friends behind.

One of them messaged me saying that they would take a taxi. I called her so that I could know where they were but there was no answer. I kept calling and calling because I was worried. I had already arrived to the coliseum and didn't bother to get inside to hear the talks because I was waiting for my friends to arrive! I kept calling and calling, to both of them. No one answered. Not even a message! I was both frustrated and worried. We're not that familiar with the city, so what if they got lost? Or if they were kidnapped? Stuff like that kept coming to my mind. I missed around two talks already, and they still hadn't showed some life signals UNTIL MUCH LATER with a "we're buying food".



I rushed to the kiosk and asked them why they hadn't contacted me. And guess what they replied. "You don't have the right to get mad at us". Are you serious? I am not at fault for you girls to have missed the bus, but I as a friend was dead worried about them. Ask any parent/friend out there, anyone worried would get mad at you if you did that. It's not like I betrayed them either. I rushed to the bus because I knew I had to rush. I rushed to the bus because it was said that it would leave at 1PM but it was already past 5 so it could leave anytime then! True they had to return the key, but they could have gotten to the bus in time if they had rushed instead of walking! Yet I don't have the right to get mad at them as a friend?! It's the exact opposite. They didn't have the right to get mad at me!

Argh! Enough of this. The more I write about this the more angry I get. I'll skip all of this so I can forever forget it because I don't want bad memories.

Anyway. Once sort of "back to normal", we were tired of all the talks. Besides, the timetable was once again delayed and it was raining. I found some of my works I did for college posted on the walls. I felt that my works were sort of representing what our uni does, but then I found out my name was not even written there! Only our teachers'. Where's my author's credit?? Hahah, oh well.

the ones circled

So we skipped the talks and headed back to the hotel. Since it was cold, we wanted some tea time. We couldn't find any place, but the restaurant/bar/coffeeshop we went to the day before. I had a cup of tea and a coconut+caramel square cake/pastry thing (lol).


Like yesterday, there was a pre and a party after the conference. We thought the school bus would takes us to the party but that was not true. My friends and I were already too late for the pre-party. The two of them, along with other classmates, went ahead to the next party; while I stayed with my other friends for some dinner. And again, we went to the same restaurant. It was less than 3 hours since I had my tea time. The waiters there already recognised me and even began to talk sarcastically to me, like "it's been long, yeah?" I of course replied the same way since they were friendly towards me.
I had a roast beef baguette with avocado and other ingredients. Then we were not sure whether to go to the party. At the end we didn't.

So back to the hotel, around 2AM, I started to get ready to sleep. After 30 minutes, and just about to sleep, my friends came back, saying the party was not out-of-normal, and got bored of it.
They were even hungry, so as the good friend that I am (==; see?), I accompanied them to eat in a bar nearby. I was wearing my pyjamas and no makeup. I even lent them money because they didn't bring any.

And that's what I called a day.
Some guests were:
-Xavier Gallego
-Carl Sprague
-Fred Deakin
-Lance Wyman

Look forward to part 3! (not really).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Monthly Popular Posts

Twitter activity

Subscribe