Not my usual Sunday
Monday, September 19, 2016
Good morning guys, my body clock decided to wake up at 6:30 AM because yesterday, Sunday 18th, I had an exhausting day. Today is one of those rare occasions in which I wake up early without a clock and even take the time to prepare some breakfast for my brother before he left to work!
The weather today is chilly again. The temperature has been switching quite a lot these past days. It was cold, then sunny (hot), then cold again.. I'm bound to catch a cold if this continues! Just stay chilly already!
Anyway, let's talk about yesterday!
It was morning and I had to get ready to go out. Thank God I woke up earlier than usual because the toilet was clogged! My brother had already left hours before so I had to do the unclogging alone. /sob. But I did it! The weather was good, almost perfect. I went to church and later practiced for our worship dance. We were practicing and taking breaks in between for 3 hours before I took my leave, while the rest of the girls practiced for an additional hour. I left earlier because I had other plans.
This Sunday, the Korean community celebrated their immigration anniversary. If I remember correctly, this year is the 51st? (Not sure, I came here less than 3 years ago). It was an open event or festival, however you call it. There was no entry cost, but that doesn't mean it was free. There were food, merchandising/souvenirs, a singing contest, traditional clothing runway/exposition, bands playing music, Kpop fangroups dancing; and finally, a raffle! I got there much later than expected. I was supposed to have lunch with my friends there, but because of practice I didn't spend much time with them. We were together for an hour or so before they had to leave as they don't live in my city, otherwise they'd have stayed until the end of the festival. I went there because of my friends and stayed until the end because I had tickets for the raffle. I got them for free, so it really didn't matter if I won or not, but I wanted to test my luck. Unfortunately I didn't win anything, and even ended up losing something.
How do I explain this. I had a thin jacket around my waist and I was sitting during the raffle. As the sun set, it started to get chilly and the wind would pick up. For obvious reasons I wore the jacket that was around my waist. I had my card used for public transport on my jean's back pockets, but even while sitting it wouldn't pop out or come out of the pocket.
As the riffle ended, it was already dark and well.. the place where the festival took place wasn't really safe per se. I was ready to go home but I couldn't find my transport card. Yep, someone stole it. Even if it "popped out" from my pocket, it had to happen when I removed my jacket from my waist WHILE I was sitting. That means it should have dropped to the chair but it wasn't there. So, my other option was to take the expensive taxi. I had to walk a few more blocks (as many streets were blocked) and thank God (again) I found my uncle there! I'm glad I had my glasses with me, else I would have kept walking without seeing anything. ;w; My uncle didn't bring his car though, so he asked his friend to give me a lift. It was kind of awkward I must admit. But not so much because I avoided most of it as one of my friends called me and we kept talking until I almost got home.
So there it is. I didn't win anything in the raffle (no luck), I lost my card (bad luck) but I found someone to drive me home (good luck I guess).
I was tired from practice, walking blocks, getting tensed from the cold winds, and getting somewhat nervous and scared from the fact that I might not be able to go back home, being in that scary area, haha. I went to bed right before 1 AM, which is particularly early for me.
That was it! Now I have to go buy a new card, ugh. I was in a good mood yesterday and I am too right now. I hope it stays like this all week.

0 comments